Mobilink is the trade name of Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited (PMCL) and is a mobile operator in Pakistan that provides a range of prepaid and postpaid voice and data telecommunication services to both individual and corporate subscribers.
Its head office is in Islamabad, and the current President and CEO is Aamir Ibrahim. The network claims to have been the first GSM-based mobile operator in South Asia.
As part of the Orascom-Vimplecom deal, all Orascom operations were to be re-branded in all operating markets. Just like Orascom had announced to rebrand itself to become Global Telecom Holding in late 2012 in line with the outcome of the deal, Mobilink has reshaped itself along with changing the architecture of its brands.
In April 2014, Mobilink participated in the Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS) auction held by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) where Mobilink won the bid for the 2100 MHz 3G license. In July 2014, they announced that their 3G network would be the country's largest with over 9000 3G-ready cell sites.
In November 2015, Mobilink announced its merger with Warid Pakistan. With the merger completed in July 2016, the companies began to plan for integration and merging into a single brand in the future.
In November 2016, Mobilink announced that Warid customers would be able to use their 3G network, and soon after, Mobilink customers will be able to to use Warid’s LTE network. This network is currently being tested in some areas of Pakistan, namely, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
Mobilink announced that their LTE network is ready for use in most areas of Pakistan in January 2017.
1. Mobilink needed POS Network Solution with Integration and Hosting
2. Also required was new POS application with more features to better meet Mobilink requirements for ever growing business.
• Mobilink has procured its POS Network solution from TFG.
• This includes TFG hosted Network Access Controller (NACs), EFT terminals, and terminal apps.
• Supported transactions: Mobicash mobile payments app for cash withdrawals.